[1. browsing] [2. searching]
[3. technical difficulties]
- Some testers didn't notice the search tool
- All of the servers weren't indexed, but this was
not indicated anywhere.
- The search button was below the bottom of many people's
screens, required scrolling down.
- Search terms weren't highlighted in search results.
- Criteria for ranking results wasn't indicated.
- Many web authors didn't make use of the title tag
to clearly label their pages, or they mislabeled their pages. The search results
list is made up of these titles.
- Testers often misspelled words or used Boolean
search methods incorrectly.
See similar findings in "Why On-Site Searching Stinks"
by User Interface Engineering.